Road Safety Is A Shared Responsibility. Pledge To Share The Responsibility Today.
Pledge to Safety is a huge community initiative with one aim, to reduce the number of people injured and killed on Australian roads, and everybody is encouraged to make a pledge to share the responsibility of reducing road trauma. There is no cost to make a pledge, only your commitment to a safer future journey for all road users.
We ask that everybody who takes this pledge agrees to drive for your own safety and the safety of all road users. By taking the pledge, you are agreeing to accept the responsibility of helping to make our roads safer and you acknowledge that you will:
- Ensure that you and your passengers wear your seatbelt, or bike helmet;
- Travel within the speed limit, and slowdown in unknown or dangerous conditions;
- Avoid distractions such as your mobile phone or GPS;
- Take adequate breaks on long trips, be properly rested and stay hydrated;
- Never drive under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
You commit to this pledge because you acknowledge that everyone needs to share the responsibility of reducing our road toll and you are determined to do all that you can to protect everyone from the overwhelming grief that comes from losing someone they love through road trauma.
Pledging is quick, easy and free. Simply fill in your details and click ‘Pledge Now’ to get started.